Skip to main content

3 months + 2 days

I GOT A SURGERY DATE!  December 27, 2018 at 8am I will be having VSG (Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy).  SO, on December 6th, I have to get labs, chest X-ray, and an EKG to ensure I am in top notch health.  I also get to talk to the doctor that day just to go over everything for like the 3rd time and I say that in the best way possible.  Nothing makes me feel better than getting as much one on one time with the man who will be doing the surgery and making sure all my questions are answered.  THEN, I have to be at the hospital at 6am on the 27th and the surgery will begin at 8am; it will last around one hour.  I have to stay in the hospital that night and then I should be able to break out the next day.  I can't drive for one week and I can't lift over 10 pounds for two weeks........EVIE!!! :(  I CANNOT wait to be blessed with this tool that will not only HELP me shed the rest of my weight but HELP me keep it off.  I still have to eat healthy and work out, but this will just be life changing, just wait and see :)

As far as the previous post, we are still waiting to find out the the end outcome.  There has been a lot of anger, tears, and love around this house lately due to all of it.  I will keep you updated.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday

Hello all :) I was at a training this week with work and when deciding where we should eat somebody mentioned Olive Garden and I immediately dropped by head.  I know Olive Garden as PASTA, PASTA, PASTA so I wasn't looking forward to the temptation.  I don't know why I don't give myself credit for how strong I am.  My entire life, people couldn't pressure me to do ANYTHING I didn't want to.  I am SO STRONG and I make my own decisions; I am a lion, not a sheep :) (I want a shirt so bad that says "Be a lion")  Anyways, when we got there, I looked at the menu and right there on the lunch section were meals that were 300-400 calories and as soon as I saw zucchini I was in.  Its a half piece of chicken with a piece and a half of zucchini with mozzarella cheese and some lemon butter with tomatoes to top it off (I didn't eat those).  I left behind some zucchini and you know, I never once thought about pasta as I was sitting there.  On my way home I thoug...

Social support

There is nothing like being supported by people who have the same goals as you, and in my situation that means HEALTH.  There are so many different paths to get there and I will cheer you on no matter what path you are taking.  I am so thankful for the Facebook groups, Instagram community, and YouTubers that all have gone through weight loss surgery or who are about to.  Being a part of those groups means I get to see how people are doing 10 year after surgery, 1 year after surgery, 1 day after surgery, and how they are preparing for their surgery. I would be LOST without all of them.  Of course the hospital gave me a book that talks about nutrition and stages and simple things like that, but these people give me their experience!  They do reviews on items so I don't waste my time, they do giveaways so you can save money, they show you all kinds of ideas for food and exercise, they show pain and issues they run into that I might run in to.....it is just amazing....

YouTube

You would think that with YouTube being around so long and the amount of time I spend on social media that I would have at least an idea of how to run it, but I don't.  I mean, I know that I have a YouTube, and I know how to search for videos and watch them, but beyond that, I am clueless.  I am watching YouTube vides on how to make YouTube videos 😃  I don't have any videos yet but I have a name on there and a banner and TRUST ME....that took some serious time.  I have figured out where I will probably be filming and I even bought some back drops so I can appear to look like I know what I am doing.  Josh wants to know why I need a back drop and why I wouldn't be walking around......he doesn't get it either.  I mean, I know some people VLOG which is so cool but I am not that advanced yet. I need to be sitting and talking into something and then when I get comfortable, I can maybe move around BUT my videos are more informational videos so I don't know why I ...