Skip to main content

2 week liquid diet

Today is the day!  All liquids!  Well, except for the popsicles, jell-o, pickles, and celery.  I have to get in 4 premier proteins and then at least 48-64 oz of other liquids each day.  Other liquids include:

  • Water
  • Diet V-8 Splash
  • Sugar free jello
  • Sugar free popsicles (less than 25 calories per popsicle)
  • Fruit 2-0
  • Crystal light
  • Diet Snapple
  • up to 2 cups of broth
  • decaf tea and coffee
  • Propel water
  • Powerade zero
I don't really know what some of those are and yesterday when I went to look for Diet V-8 Splash to try it out, I couldn't find it so who knows.  This morning I am having 2 vanilla premier protein shakes in a thermos with my decaf coffee.  I also have a 20oz thing of water sitting here and a 32oz grape Powerade zero.  Last night I made strawberry, lemon, and blue raspberry jello, I bought 3 different sizes of dill pickles, and then I have boxes of popsicles, all different kind of broths, all different flavors of Powerade, grape Propel, and some cinnamon tea.


All week long I have been hyping myself up about this in my head.  Almost every free moment has been telling myself I can do this, why I can do this, why I should do this, and then some prayers also. It is such a mind game.........I can live off of this stuff so it isn't like I am going to die or starve but if you are like me, once I am really limited, my mind goes nuts and is like you can't eat this, you can't eat that, EAT ALL OF IT lol ahhhhhhh.  I am good this morning but I did panic when I woke up and I was hungry but it subsided and now I am fine sipping on my fluids.  I only imagine it will be get harder before it gets easier but I know I will get through this and only good things are coming my way.  I will do a YouTube video later tonight to update on my first day so if you haven't, subscribe here and then later tonight head over to my channel and chat with me there. Thank you to everybody that has been reading this far and for putting any good vides out there for me.  14 days to go!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday

Hello all :) I was at a training this week with work and when deciding where we should eat somebody mentioned Olive Garden and I immediately dropped by head.  I know Olive Garden as PASTA, PASTA, PASTA so I wasn't looking forward to the temptation.  I don't know why I don't give myself credit for how strong I am.  My entire life, people couldn't pressure me to do ANYTHING I didn't want to.  I am SO STRONG and I make my own decisions; I am a lion, not a sheep :) (I want a shirt so bad that says "Be a lion")  Anyways, when we got there, I looked at the menu and right there on the lunch section were meals that were 300-400 calories and as soon as I saw zucchini I was in.  Its a half piece of chicken with a piece and a half of zucchini with mozzarella cheese and some lemon butter with tomatoes to top it off (I didn't eat those).  I left behind some zucchini and you know, I never once thought about pasta as I was sitting there.  On my way home I thought of

17 days post op

Happy New Year everybody! :). I can see now that these blog post that once were days apart are probably going to be weeks apart due to my YouTube being up and running. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYkL_ZZWuw7kEq4N-IWQ4zw?view_as=subscriber Sorry but sometimes speaking is just easier than writing but I will do my best of keeping up both!  So I am almost 3 weeks out.  Getting into the fluids is getting easier, especially when I add protein powder to food and I don't have to worry about drinking the protein shakes.  Everything is slow for now, eating, drinking, walking....all slow :). It is the process though so slow we shall go!  I started a cup of coffee around 8:45 and finally finished it at 10:15.  Then I wait 30 minutes to eat.  So at 10:45 I made an egg with cheese and am slowly working on eating it.  I am not hungry....that kind of goes away with surgery so its about making yourself eat for nutritional value.  It's hard to keep eating when you don't feel like it