Skip to main content

Above Water

Avril Lavigne's Head Above Water really hit me when I first heard it, and it continues to each time I hear it.  I was on the treadmill when it came on my Pandora and as I listened, I started to cry.  Today, as it played through my car speakers I tried to put into words how the song speaks to me

I've gotta keep everybody calm before MY "storm" (surgery)

My life is what I am fighting for <-- This line is EXACT. I chose this procedure to have a chance to live a longer life.

My voice is my driving force.  I made this decision, I am my #1 fan, I am my support, I am willpower, I am my motivation, and I can do anything.

God, keep me brave, I will survive this
When it gets rough, don't let me fail, save me from myself
When I get scared, help me shake it off, I need you

I can't see my goals when there is "stormy weather" (bad day, hungry, etc.) and its hard to hold it together, but I can't keep going like this (the way I am now) forever

 I am too young to die

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It makes me sad but it motivates me.  Being overweight my entire life has BUT hasn't effected me. I have a happy life but weight always hangs in the background.  I am sad that I am 30 and I haven't overcame it but I am so motivated to FINALLY overcome it.  Mostly, I am so proud of myself for how far I have come and for making the decision to be around longer for my family. 

Take a moment and listen to the song and hear her lyrics


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday

Hello all :) I was at a training this week with work and when deciding where we should eat somebody mentioned Olive Garden and I immediately dropped by head.  I know Olive Garden as PASTA, PASTA, PASTA so I wasn't looking forward to the temptation.  I don't know why I don't give myself credit for how strong I am.  My entire life, people couldn't pressure me to do ANYTHING I didn't want to.  I am SO STRONG and I make my own decisions; I am a lion, not a sheep :) (I want a shirt so bad that says "Be a lion")  Anyways, when we got there, I looked at the menu and right there on the lunch section were meals that were 300-400 calories and as soon as I saw zucchini I was in.  Its a half piece of chicken with a piece and a half of zucchini with mozzarella cheese and some lemon butter with tomatoes to top it off (I didn't eat those).  I left behind some zucchini and you know, I never once thought about pasta as I was sitting there.  On my way home I thoug...

Social support

There is nothing like being supported by people who have the same goals as you, and in my situation that means HEALTH.  There are so many different paths to get there and I will cheer you on no matter what path you are taking.  I am so thankful for the Facebook groups, Instagram community, and YouTubers that all have gone through weight loss surgery or who are about to.  Being a part of those groups means I get to see how people are doing 10 year after surgery, 1 year after surgery, 1 day after surgery, and how they are preparing for their surgery. I would be LOST without all of them.  Of course the hospital gave me a book that talks about nutrition and stages and simple things like that, but these people give me their experience!  They do reviews on items so I don't waste my time, they do giveaways so you can save money, they show you all kinds of ideas for food and exercise, they show pain and issues they run into that I might run in to.....it is just amazing....

YouTube

You would think that with YouTube being around so long and the amount of time I spend on social media that I would have at least an idea of how to run it, but I don't.  I mean, I know that I have a YouTube, and I know how to search for videos and watch them, but beyond that, I am clueless.  I am watching YouTube vides on how to make YouTube videos 😃  I don't have any videos yet but I have a name on there and a banner and TRUST ME....that took some serious time.  I have figured out where I will probably be filming and I even bought some back drops so I can appear to look like I know what I am doing.  Josh wants to know why I need a back drop and why I wouldn't be walking around......he doesn't get it either.  I mean, I know some people VLOG which is so cool but I am not that advanced yet. I need to be sitting and talking into something and then when I get comfortable, I can maybe move around BUT my videos are more informational videos so I don't know why I ...