Skip to main content

Thursday

Hello all :) I was at a training this week with work and when deciding where we should eat somebody mentioned Olive Garden and I immediately dropped by head.  I know Olive Garden as PASTA, PASTA, PASTA so I wasn't looking forward to the temptation.  I don't know why I don't give myself credit for how strong I am.  My entire life, people couldn't pressure me to do ANYTHING I didn't want to.  I am SO STRONG and I make my own decisions; I am a lion, not a sheep :) (I want a shirt so bad that says "Be a lion")  Anyways, when we got there, I looked at the menu and right there on the lunch section were meals that were 300-400 calories and as soon as I saw zucchini I was in.  Its a half piece of chicken with a piece and a half of zucchini with mozzarella cheese and some lemon butter with tomatoes to top it off (I didn't eat those).  I left behind some zucchini and you know, I never once thought about pasta as I was sitting there.  On my way home I thought of that and thought WOW, I love pasta, and I feared the temptation of pasta, and once I got it in my head that I wasn't having it, it never popped back in my head.  Food is a major head game for me and in my opinion I am totally winning.  

Chicken Margherita
 So that was Monday and on Tuesday, I worked out in the field most of the day and then I had to pick up my kids from some extra activities they had at the school and Gracie had to be to dance in the next town over within 30 minutes.  I knew I had to feed her but if I only fed her, Evie would freak out, so I knew I had to feed her too, and then I knew I had to eat also because if I would try to eat at home and Evie didn't, she would freak out.  I use the word freak out loosely but as you probably know, toddlers always want what everybody else has so to prevent her from having two dinners and melt downs, I had to make a trip through a drive thru.  There isn't much around me as far as fast food goes which is great but I am thankful for the chicken power bowl from Taco Bell.  I order it without pico and the ranch dressing.  It has beans, sour cream, gauc, lettuce, rice, chicken, and I think a sprinkle of cheese.  It comes out to be around 400 calories for the entire bowl but I only ate maybe a little over half and then tossed the rest.  I really avoid fast food for obvious reasons but sometimes life happens and you can only do the best you can

Chicken Power Bowl

Since my last food post I have also tried some fresh jalapeños in my scrambled eggs and a lot more overnight oats (just search recipes on Google).  As I was putting one together last night I was noticing all the CARBS.  Even though I am using sugar free pudding mix and nut butter and monk fruit and so on, it adds up to a lot.  I need to tweak my ingredients to perfect so when I do, I will share.

These past few weeks I have been gathering things to prepare for when I have surgery for myself and my family.  For them, I am going to have a lot of freezer meals ready for my husband to just throw in the oven so I got the recipes I want to use and started getting the ingredients.  For me, I got some PJs that won't touch my stomach since I will have little incisions on it, a journal to track everything, pill planners, vitamins, 4oz containers, soup mug, protein drinks, broths, SF jello and popsicles, and soups. I also made a cabinet just for me with everything I will need.  I am so ready to start this journey and be the healthiest me I can be.

 Have the best day everybody

Comments

  1. I love reading your blog!!
    You really are so strong and such an inspiration! I'm praying for you and your family through the shift in schedules and routines after your surgery, everyone is going to do Great!! XOXO
    -Alaina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2 week liquid diet

Today is the day!  All liquids!  Well, except for the popsicles, jell-o, pickles, and celery.  I have to get in 4 premier proteins and then at least 48-64 oz of other liquids each day.  Other liquids include: Water Diet V-8 Splash Sugar free jello Sugar free popsicles (less than 25 calories per popsicle) Fruit 2-0 Crystal light Diet Snapple up to 2 cups of broth decaf tea and coffee Propel water Powerade zero I don't really know what some of those are and yesterday when I went to look for Diet V-8 Splash to try it out, I couldn't find it so who knows.  This morning I am having 2 vanilla premier protein shakes in a thermos with my decaf coffee.  I also have a 20oz thing of water sitting here and a 32oz grape Powerade zero.  Last night I made strawberry, lemon, and blue raspberry jello, I bought 3 different sizes of dill pickles, and then I have boxes of popsicles, all different kind of broths, all different flavors of Powerade, grape Propel, and some cinnamon tea

17 days post op

Happy New Year everybody! :). I can see now that these blog post that once were days apart are probably going to be weeks apart due to my YouTube being up and running. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYkL_ZZWuw7kEq4N-IWQ4zw?view_as=subscriber Sorry but sometimes speaking is just easier than writing but I will do my best of keeping up both!  So I am almost 3 weeks out.  Getting into the fluids is getting easier, especially when I add protein powder to food and I don't have to worry about drinking the protein shakes.  Everything is slow for now, eating, drinking, walking....all slow :). It is the process though so slow we shall go!  I started a cup of coffee around 8:45 and finally finished it at 10:15.  Then I wait 30 minutes to eat.  So at 10:45 I made an egg with cheese and am slowly working on eating it.  I am not hungry....that kind of goes away with surgery so its about making yourself eat for nutritional value.  It's hard to keep eating when you don't feel like it