Skip to main content

Thursday

Hello all :) I was at a training this week with work and when deciding where we should eat somebody mentioned Olive Garden and I immediately dropped by head.  I know Olive Garden as PASTA, PASTA, PASTA so I wasn't looking forward to the temptation.  I don't know why I don't give myself credit for how strong I am.  My entire life, people couldn't pressure me to do ANYTHING I didn't want to.  I am SO STRONG and I make my own decisions; I am a lion, not a sheep :) (I want a shirt so bad that says "Be a lion")  Anyways, when we got there, I looked at the menu and right there on the lunch section were meals that were 300-400 calories and as soon as I saw zucchini I was in.  Its a half piece of chicken with a piece and a half of zucchini with mozzarella cheese and some lemon butter with tomatoes to top it off (I didn't eat those).  I left behind some zucchini and you know, I never once thought about pasta as I was sitting there.  On my way home I thought of that and thought WOW, I love pasta, and I feared the temptation of pasta, and once I got it in my head that I wasn't having it, it never popped back in my head.  Food is a major head game for me and in my opinion I am totally winning.  

Chicken Margherita
 So that was Monday and on Tuesday, I worked out in the field most of the day and then I had to pick up my kids from some extra activities they had at the school and Gracie had to be to dance in the next town over within 30 minutes.  I knew I had to feed her but if I only fed her, Evie would freak out, so I knew I had to feed her too, and then I knew I had to eat also because if I would try to eat at home and Evie didn't, she would freak out.  I use the word freak out loosely but as you probably know, toddlers always want what everybody else has so to prevent her from having two dinners and melt downs, I had to make a trip through a drive thru.  There isn't much around me as far as fast food goes which is great but I am thankful for the chicken power bowl from Taco Bell.  I order it without pico and the ranch dressing.  It has beans, sour cream, gauc, lettuce, rice, chicken, and I think a sprinkle of cheese.  It comes out to be around 400 calories for the entire bowl but I only ate maybe a little over half and then tossed the rest.  I really avoid fast food for obvious reasons but sometimes life happens and you can only do the best you can

Chicken Power Bowl

Since my last food post I have also tried some fresh jalapeños in my scrambled eggs and a lot more overnight oats (just search recipes on Google).  As I was putting one together last night I was noticing all the CARBS.  Even though I am using sugar free pudding mix and nut butter and monk fruit and so on, it adds up to a lot.  I need to tweak my ingredients to perfect so when I do, I will share.

These past few weeks I have been gathering things to prepare for when I have surgery for myself and my family.  For them, I am going to have a lot of freezer meals ready for my husband to just throw in the oven so I got the recipes I want to use and started getting the ingredients.  For me, I got some PJs that won't touch my stomach since I will have little incisions on it, a journal to track everything, pill planners, vitamins, 4oz containers, soup mug, protein drinks, broths, SF jello and popsicles, and soups. I also made a cabinet just for me with everything I will need.  I am so ready to start this journey and be the healthiest me I can be.

 Have the best day everybody

Comments

  1. I love reading your blog!!
    You really are so strong and such an inspiration! I'm praying for you and your family through the shift in schedules and routines after your surgery, everyone is going to do Great!! XOXO
    -Alaina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Social support

There is nothing like being supported by people who have the same goals as you, and in my situation that means HEALTH.  There are so many different paths to get there and I will cheer you on no matter what path you are taking.  I am so thankful for the Facebook groups, Instagram community, and YouTubers that all have gone through weight loss surgery or who are about to.  Being a part of those groups means I get to see how people are doing 10 year after surgery, 1 year after surgery, 1 day after surgery, and how they are preparing for their surgery. I would be LOST without all of them.  Of course the hospital gave me a book that talks about nutrition and stages and simple things like that, but these people give me their experience!  They do reviews on items so I don't waste my time, they do giveaways so you can save money, they show you all kinds of ideas for food and exercise, they show pain and issues they run into that I might run in to.....it is just amazing....

YouTube

You would think that with YouTube being around so long and the amount of time I spend on social media that I would have at least an idea of how to run it, but I don't.  I mean, I know that I have a YouTube, and I know how to search for videos and watch them, but beyond that, I am clueless.  I am watching YouTube vides on how to make YouTube videos 😃  I don't have any videos yet but I have a name on there and a banner and TRUST ME....that took some serious time.  I have figured out where I will probably be filming and I even bought some back drops so I can appear to look like I know what I am doing.  Josh wants to know why I need a back drop and why I wouldn't be walking around......he doesn't get it either.  I mean, I know some people VLOG which is so cool but I am not that advanced yet. I need to be sitting and talking into something and then when I get comfortable, I can maybe move around BUT my videos are more informational videos so I don't know why I ...