Skip to main content

Happy anniversary

Josh is the kind of guy that you know the ladies look at but he doesn't know that.  He doesn't talk some  big game and when he was trying to win me over, he didn't use lines and sexual harassment to do it.  He has big thoughts but isn't one to tell you he is right and you are wrong; he likes digging into things and finding out WHY.  He has the biggest smile and when he gets excited about something he does little jigs or waves his hands in the air.  Josh cares what people think of him so I like to think that one of my purposes here is to teach him not to or at least care a little less (we are getting there.)  I stare at him A LOT, I love when he wears his hat backwards, he makes a simple white t-shirt look sexy as hell, and his lips are soo soft.  He makes me really mad a lot of the time but at the end of the day, I wouldn't trade him for the world.






Josh is
  • unbelievably handsome 
  • a hard worker
  • always willing to help others
  • a jack of all trades
  • intelligent 
Josh likes
  • hunting
  • cowboy boots
  • fishing
  • racing
  • beef jerky and twizzlers 
  • being outdoors
  • beer
  • buying and selling things on a whim lol


I met Josh when I started my job August 2011.  Being male in the field I work in is RARE but either way, I paid no attention to him.   I actually didn't like Josh for some reason.  He had become a supervisor and I remember telling people, I would take any supervisor BUT Josh.  He didn't even do anything to me, I just DID NOT LIKE HIM!  Of course, he became my supervisor, so I had to meet with him weekly and it was just a lot of 1:1 but I made sure he kept the door open when we met because I heard about how things can go south REAL QUICK when a guy and a girl are alone in a room.  People started giving me a hard time about being alone with Josh; I will just let you imagine what type of things people could come up with but we were both in relationships (little did we know that they would soon come to an end.)  I went through a break up, I found out Josh was leaving the company, and I was ready to become a boss! I am going to admit that at this point, I went along with what everybody was saying about Josh and I and I even added my own stuff.  Hey! I was single and I figured if he never knew what I was saying, it wouldn't matter! So anyway, he offered to help me with my resume (he actually just did it all for me hahah) and then I had the interview and I remember that day driving home, I got a text from Josh asking about how the interview went which seemed harmless but then, by the time I got home, he was still texting me.  I tried to go work out with my dad and as I was running, I was texting him.  Like I said before, I didn't like him, so when I talked about my supervisor to my parents I referred to him as "the snake."

Dad: what are you doing Megan, I thought we were going to work out
Me: my supervisor is texting me and I think he is into me *disgusted face*
Dad: THE SNAKE?!?!
Me: YES!

His texting continued on that night and all I could think was, WHERE IS HIS WIFE?!?!  The next day, I went to hand him some paperwork and he didn't have a ring on, I about passed out.  I eventually found out he was going through a divorce and before I knew it, he was offering to give me a ride home.  WHAT!!!!! I remember saying yes and then hanging up and doing a dance in my chair but I was NERVOUS!!!! He stopped at a gas station on the way and got an 18 pack of beer.  When we pulled into my driveway I jumped out really quick and told him thanks and he reached back to grab a beer.  I asked him if he was going to be drinking one on the way home and he said he actually got them in hopes that I would drink one with him so I got back in the truck.  We talked in the truck and drank beer for hours.

Josh: I have to pee *jumps out in the snow to pee*
Me: we can go inside so you can pee
*we go inside*

Josh: I better get going, it is really late
Me: you can sleep here
Josh: I will sleep on the couch
Me: you can sleep in my bed

Thats embarrassing to say that BUT I am telling you our story and thats a big part of it!  To be fair, I knew that I was going to marry Josh, almost immediately (I never even wanted to be married!)  When you live far away from each other, and you get the chance to really communicate and learn about each other all day long, everyday, its easy to figure out.  Even though we had both been hurt and we were completely opposite in regards to who we were right at that moment, I still knew.

He was like I AM NEVER GETTING MARRIED AGAIN OR HAVING ANYMORE KIDS, I DON'T HAVE ANY FEELINGS, I DO WHAT I WANT, blah blah blah

I was calm and collected, I played it really cool, I never pushed him, I never questioned him, and I never tried to talk about feelings.  I just wanted to show him happiness and to have fun.  I couldn't even tell you how many times I drove those 98 miles just to ride around those gravel roads with him. I could tell you some of the stories on those gravel roads but I will spare you the details :)  I AM TALKING ABOUT HOW HE ALMOST DROVE US OFF A CLIFF INTO A RIVER AND HIS SKILLS WITH A HAND GUN...get your mind out of the gutter ;)

He began working out of town for some training so we went on our first date to a small hole in the wall Mexican restaurant--this was about the time that I knew, he knew, this was something.  He eventually asked me to be his girlfriend and he eventually asked me if I was in love...EXCUSE ME?
One day, I was in one of my college classes and I get this text from him that says "are you in love?"  I got up and went to the bathroom and cried. I told him that I was and he said "ok well I am going to go to bed, goodnight"  WHAT A JERK!!!! I probably cried the rest of my class and the entire way home and then I started going crazy on my phone texting him about 100 words per second telling him how awful he was for doing that to me and how dare him and on and on and on.... you know how it goes.  I don't think I really know to this day why he did what he did but I figure its because he was scared too.  I do know that the next time I was with him, he told me he loved me and that was that.

I met Gracie, we met families, we talked about living together and who would move where, I sold my house, and I joined him an hour and a half away from my hometown.  It was basically heaven.  Although he hasn't experienced much affection in his life and he has had some shitty times with some shitty people, he sure doesn't let that hold him back.  I never had to question whether he loved me, I felt it...I feel it.  He has a big ol heart and lots of love and care to give.  DON'T GET ME WRONG, he is definitely a man, so we can fight just as passionately as we can love.

We went to Florida in September 2014 and little did I know he had asked my dad if he could marry me.  I came back from Florida with no ring but still no idea that was the plan.  The ring didn't come in time and he didn't want to risk shipping it to Florida so he decided to wait.  People would ask me when I was going to marry Josh and I would say "maybe 5 years, maybe never, who knows, but definitely not soon, he doesn't want to be married again."  In October 2014, I had stayed home from work because I didn't feel good.  When he got home, he asked me to come check his game cams with him and told me that fresh air would make me feel better so I agreed.  We go out to this field, and this is how well he knows me, he puts up these big yellow flowers and knows I will walk right over to them.  Well I did, and when I turned around to tell him about them, he was on one knee.  I yelled WHAT ARE YOU DOING and I couldn't tell you what he said to me, I am sure it was nice, it sounded nice, and then I just yelled YES. I didn't even let him put the ring on me, I just grabbed it and put it on myself hahahah :)

We moved into his dream house October 2015, we got married November 7, 2015, and we had our baby August 2016.

I honestly could not imagine life without Josh.  Whenever I am away from him for longer than a day, I have a strange feeling that I am not where I am supposed to be.  When we fight, even in the peak of being angry, he is the one I want.  Thank you Josh, for loving me unconditionally and being where I am supposed to be.




Happy anniversary my love








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday

Hello all :) I was at a training this week with work and when deciding where we should eat somebody mentioned Olive Garden and I immediately dropped by head.  I know Olive Garden as PASTA, PASTA, PASTA so I wasn't looking forward to the temptation.  I don't know why I don't give myself credit for how strong I am.  My entire life, people couldn't pressure me to do ANYTHING I didn't want to.  I am SO STRONG and I make my own decisions; I am a lion, not a sheep :) (I want a shirt so bad that says "Be a lion")  Anyways, when we got there, I looked at the menu and right there on the lunch section were meals that were 300-400 calories and as soon as I saw zucchini I was in.  Its a half piece of chicken with a piece and a half of zucchini with mozzarella cheese and some lemon butter with tomatoes to top it off (I didn't eat those).  I left behind some zucchini and you know, I never once thought about pasta as I was sitting there.  On my way home I thought of

2 week liquid diet

Today is the day!  All liquids!  Well, except for the popsicles, jell-o, pickles, and celery.  I have to get in 4 premier proteins and then at least 48-64 oz of other liquids each day.  Other liquids include: Water Diet V-8 Splash Sugar free jello Sugar free popsicles (less than 25 calories per popsicle) Fruit 2-0 Crystal light Diet Snapple up to 2 cups of broth decaf tea and coffee Propel water Powerade zero I don't really know what some of those are and yesterday when I went to look for Diet V-8 Splash to try it out, I couldn't find it so who knows.  This morning I am having 2 vanilla premier protein shakes in a thermos with my decaf coffee.  I also have a 20oz thing of water sitting here and a 32oz grape Powerade zero.  Last night I made strawberry, lemon, and blue raspberry jello, I bought 3 different sizes of dill pickles, and then I have boxes of popsicles, all different kind of broths, all different flavors of Powerade, grape Propel, and some cinnamon tea

17 days post op

Happy New Year everybody! :). I can see now that these blog post that once were days apart are probably going to be weeks apart due to my YouTube being up and running. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYkL_ZZWuw7kEq4N-IWQ4zw?view_as=subscriber Sorry but sometimes speaking is just easier than writing but I will do my best of keeping up both!  So I am almost 3 weeks out.  Getting into the fluids is getting easier, especially when I add protein powder to food and I don't have to worry about drinking the protein shakes.  Everything is slow for now, eating, drinking, walking....all slow :). It is the process though so slow we shall go!  I started a cup of coffee around 8:45 and finally finished it at 10:15.  Then I wait 30 minutes to eat.  So at 10:45 I made an egg with cheese and am slowly working on eating it.  I am not hungry....that kind of goes away with surgery so its about making yourself eat for nutritional value.  It's hard to keep eating when you don't feel like it