Skip to main content

Introducing me





Hi guys!  It is a great Sunday to be alive!  I have just been feeling so upbeat and excited to get whatever I can done.  It feels like I am nesting but not for a baby this time, nesting for surgery.  I won't be staying at my house for a couple of days after surgery (leaving a husband and child there) and then when I do come home my mom is coming with me to help clean up the house so I want to have everything clean before she comes to clean...you know what I am mean??  I also have been decluttering EVERYTHING.  Every cabinet, under the stairs, in all the rooms, every tote, the closets, I mean you name it and I have probably cleaned it.  Josh has been helping a lot too so we are GETTING  IT  DONE!  I am going to be making them frozen meals to use a little before surgery and the rest after surgery so I have been gathering those products and making list and checking them twice; I just feel ready....for everything.  I will share later some of the stuff I prepare for them.



So, last night, I received all of my backdrops and my backdrop holder and I wasn't going to make my fist YouTube video until December 6th but after doing some thinking and getting some encouragement from Josh, I went ahead and did a little hello video just to get some content up.  It is so strange to sit in front of a camera in a room all by yourself and just talk but I feel a little better about it now that I have got the first one out of the way.  I HOPE that I get more comfortable and I can just talk to the camera, hopefully you guys, just like I am talking to an old friend.  It wasn't as strange to see myself or hear myself as I thought it was going to be but Josh definitely thought I looked different on screen so you will all have to go watch and let me know!



Another thing, I have been using a Fitbit and no not a fancy fitbit charge or whatever is out these days, just the typical fitbit flex.  Like the one that doesn't even have a screen....just some flashing lights haha.  I dig it though!  It syncs to my phone and it tracks my steps and my sleep and thats all I really wanted.  I did kind of want it to track my heart beat just for the hell of it but oh well.  Having it on and knowing it is tracking your movement is such motivation.  It is supposed to blink at me every hour to make sure I am moving but I haven't even paid attention to it because like I said earlier in the post,  I am up cleaning everything and have been just going non stop since I put it on so its a win in my book.  Speaking of being up, I have really been thinking about getting a standing desk at work.  I sit at my desk a lot at the beginning of each month and am in a tiny office so it seems like the right thing to do to stay moving.  Let me know if you have one and what you think about it.  I heard one time that sitting for the majority of your life can kill you faster than any disease and it doesn't really make since to get this surgery to save my life but then continue sitting all day long...ya know!?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday

Hello all :) I was at a training this week with work and when deciding where we should eat somebody mentioned Olive Garden and I immediately dropped by head.  I know Olive Garden as PASTA, PASTA, PASTA so I wasn't looking forward to the temptation.  I don't know why I don't give myself credit for how strong I am.  My entire life, people couldn't pressure me to do ANYTHING I didn't want to.  I am SO STRONG and I make my own decisions; I am a lion, not a sheep :) (I want a shirt so bad that says "Be a lion")  Anyways, when we got there, I looked at the menu and right there on the lunch section were meals that were 300-400 calories and as soon as I saw zucchini I was in.  Its a half piece of chicken with a piece and a half of zucchini with mozzarella cheese and some lemon butter with tomatoes to top it off (I didn't eat those).  I left behind some zucchini and you know, I never once thought about pasta as I was sitting there.  On my way home I thought of

2 week liquid diet

Today is the day!  All liquids!  Well, except for the popsicles, jell-o, pickles, and celery.  I have to get in 4 premier proteins and then at least 48-64 oz of other liquids each day.  Other liquids include: Water Diet V-8 Splash Sugar free jello Sugar free popsicles (less than 25 calories per popsicle) Fruit 2-0 Crystal light Diet Snapple up to 2 cups of broth decaf tea and coffee Propel water Powerade zero I don't really know what some of those are and yesterday when I went to look for Diet V-8 Splash to try it out, I couldn't find it so who knows.  This morning I am having 2 vanilla premier protein shakes in a thermos with my decaf coffee.  I also have a 20oz thing of water sitting here and a 32oz grape Powerade zero.  Last night I made strawberry, lemon, and blue raspberry jello, I bought 3 different sizes of dill pickles, and then I have boxes of popsicles, all different kind of broths, all different flavors of Powerade, grape Propel, and some cinnamon tea

17 days post op

Happy New Year everybody! :). I can see now that these blog post that once were days apart are probably going to be weeks apart due to my YouTube being up and running. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYkL_ZZWuw7kEq4N-IWQ4zw?view_as=subscriber Sorry but sometimes speaking is just easier than writing but I will do my best of keeping up both!  So I am almost 3 weeks out.  Getting into the fluids is getting easier, especially when I add protein powder to food and I don't have to worry about drinking the protein shakes.  Everything is slow for now, eating, drinking, walking....all slow :). It is the process though so slow we shall go!  I started a cup of coffee around 8:45 and finally finished it at 10:15.  Then I wait 30 minutes to eat.  So at 10:45 I made an egg with cheese and am slowly working on eating it.  I am not hungry....that kind of goes away with surgery so its about making yourself eat for nutritional value.  It's hard to keep eating when you don't feel like it