Skip to main content

Scorpio

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! So Friday was my 31st birthday and I spent the day listening to Evie tell me happy birthday and sing me happy birthday and then we went out to eat Mexican food and had a donut with candles so she could blow them out.  Saturday, we spent the day with my parents and ate dinner with them and then went down to the local bar with friends and had a Hippie themed night.   Josh got me a printer/scanner that I desperately need working from home, my parents got me some pajamas for after surgery and some cash, which I also need, and my friends got me some alcohol, a cute glass, and a Starbucks gift card.  THANK YOU ALL.

****

I was nervous after Colorado to weigh in because in 9 months I have only gained one time and I didn't want this to be my second but THANK GOODNESS I lost 1.6 lbs!  I did work really hard last week and did cardio more than usual to try to offset anything I did gain and it worked luckily.

After another weekend of some junk food and alcohol and then my husband talking about all the stuff he wants to grow for us, I really wanted brussel sprouts for lunch....he didn't :)

My lunch in front, his in back
I am thinking about starting a YouTube channel in December.  December 6th I have an appointment for my labs and some other stuff they check and then December 13th I start my pre op liquid diet so somewhere around then I figured I would start it.  I am really inspired by other people and I love to learn as much as I can about anything I am getting into to so I want to document my journey (being able to physically see the changes) but I also want to help people who are looking into surgery.  I also want to help people who know me but won't ever be on this journey, understand.  I will continue writing on my blog and probably only make a video once a month or something.  Let me know if you watch YouTube, if you would want to see my videos, and any topics you might be interested in me talking about.

*Day care update*-For some reason they are just now doing interviews with people and its been over 6 weeks since the incidents, if not longer.  My understanding is that the director (K) refused to the let the interviewer have a private room to talk to staff so they had to meet in a kitchen as (K) lurked in the hallway and heard everything. Surprisingly, but not surprising, it was found out what staff did their job and reported all of this, and she is now fired.  Now, I only hear bits in pieces of the story, I am sure, but something just doesn't add up to me.  How can somebody, especially somebody who is under investigation, deny a private room AND THEN use the information she is able to hear, to fire somebody?  There should be some kind of job protection for people who do the right thing, follow the rules, and then get fired for reporting when people don't.  PLEASE comment if you have any knowledge in this area.  I still think it is insane that this person who is a mandated reporter, failed to report/reported incorrect stuff, and is STILL running the daycare.  I also think it is bullshit that she continues to send out rules that are supposed to be followed through email when she doesn't follow the rules...I don't know, all of this makes me feel crazy and angry.  I was really hoping that on Friday, my birthday, I would get some news that justice was served but I will just keep praying, and please, if you are reading this, pray too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday

Hello all :) I was at a training this week with work and when deciding where we should eat somebody mentioned Olive Garden and I immediately dropped by head.  I know Olive Garden as PASTA, PASTA, PASTA so I wasn't looking forward to the temptation.  I don't know why I don't give myself credit for how strong I am.  My entire life, people couldn't pressure me to do ANYTHING I didn't want to.  I am SO STRONG and I make my own decisions; I am a lion, not a sheep :) (I want a shirt so bad that says "Be a lion")  Anyways, when we got there, I looked at the menu and right there on the lunch section were meals that were 300-400 calories and as soon as I saw zucchini I was in.  Its a half piece of chicken with a piece and a half of zucchini with mozzarella cheese and some lemon butter with tomatoes to top it off (I didn't eat those).  I left behind some zucchini and you know, I never once thought about pasta as I was sitting there.  On my way home I thoug...

YouTube

You would think that with YouTube being around so long and the amount of time I spend on social media that I would have at least an idea of how to run it, but I don't.  I mean, I know that I have a YouTube, and I know how to search for videos and watch them, but beyond that, I am clueless.  I am watching YouTube vides on how to make YouTube videos 😃  I don't have any videos yet but I have a name on there and a banner and TRUST ME....that took some serious time.  I have figured out where I will probably be filming and I even bought some back drops so I can appear to look like I know what I am doing.  Josh wants to know why I need a back drop and why I wouldn't be walking around......he doesn't get it either.  I mean, I know some people VLOG which is so cool but I am not that advanced yet. I need to be sitting and talking into something and then when I get comfortable, I can maybe move around BUT my videos are more informational videos so I don't know why I ...

Social support

There is nothing like being supported by people who have the same goals as you, and in my situation that means HEALTH.  There are so many different paths to get there and I will cheer you on no matter what path you are taking.  I am so thankful for the Facebook groups, Instagram community, and YouTubers that all have gone through weight loss surgery or who are about to.  Being a part of those groups means I get to see how people are doing 10 year after surgery, 1 year after surgery, 1 day after surgery, and how they are preparing for their surgery. I would be LOST without all of them.  Of course the hospital gave me a book that talks about nutrition and stages and simple things like that, but these people give me their experience!  They do reviews on items so I don't waste my time, they do giveaways so you can save money, they show you all kinds of ideas for food and exercise, they show pain and issues they run into that I might run in to.....it is just amazing....