Skip to main content

17 days post op

Happy New Year everybody! :). I can see now that these blog post that once were days apart are probably going to be weeks apart due to my YouTube being up and running.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYkL_ZZWuw7kEq4N-IWQ4zw?view_as=subscriber

Sorry but sometimes speaking is just easier than writing but I will do my best of keeping up both!  So I am almost 3 weeks out.  Getting into the fluids is getting easier, especially when I add protein powder to food and I don't have to worry about drinking the protein shakes.  Everything is slow for now, eating, drinking, walking....all slow :). It is the process though so slow we shall go!  I started a cup of coffee around 8:45 and finally finished it at 10:15.  Then I wait 30 minutes to eat.  So at 10:45 I made an egg with cheese and am slowly working on eating it.  I am not hungry....that kind of goes away with surgery so its about making yourself eat for nutritional value.  It's hard to keep eating when you don't feel like it (even after just 2 bites).  Kinda crazy that before, it was hard to STOP and now its hard to GO!  I  prefer this though and I know in time it will balance out.  Refried beans with the white cheese dip from Mexican restaurants has been my favorite.  I can only eat 2oz at a time but with those I feel like I WANT to go for days, but I can't :) They are good and they go down easy.  When I ordered the plate of beans, the waiter looked at me crazy and I had to repeat myself.  When I got them and finished, it didn't look like I had ate anything really and then I asked for a to go box so who knows what was going through his head haha.


It is so wild that before surgery, I probably would have ate this entire plate using chips, well I wouldn't have ordered this, but you get it.  I watched Blair and Josh eat chips and salsa and their entire plates and it was kinda like UGH how do they do that lol.  Its been 17 days and I act like I didn't eat plate fulls :)

After surgery, a common thing with weight loss patients is transfer addiction.  I don't think much of it because a lot of time, unfortunately, it is alcohol, and I don't drink often and I don't have the urge to drink.  The other part of the time it is usually shopping, which I also don't like to do.  Online shopping is another story but really its always been about just putting stuff in the cart then closing out so I figured I would be ok with that.  I think I got lucky and something that excites me at this point is making food for others and watching them enjoy it.  I have always liked to make the people I love, happy, and usually that was by laughter, and I will still strive to do that, but now it is this.  I made these frozen meals for my family and I love to serve them, and watch them eat it, and get feed back.  Yesterday I went to watch the Chief's game at my In-laws and I made cookies, and 7 layer dip, and meatballs, and brought chips and crackers, and I knew I wasn't really going to eat any of it but seeing them happy with something I could produce, was exciting.  Weird?  I don't know and I don't care.  If my new addiction is serving others and trying to make them happy, I will take it.  I really wanted Club crackers last night, they are delicious, but number 1 they are not healthy, and number 2 I am not ready for that kind of food so of course I didn't eat any.  I wasn't hungry but the craving was there (head hunger).  Here is what I attempted to eat:


I ate half of the string cheese and poked around on the dip (I could have everything in it but I didn't love it without chips)

I only eat 3 meals and the rest of the day is fluids.  So 6oz total if I can eat the whole 2oz I serve myself and then water, Powerade, propel, etc and Premier protein.  If I feel like I need a snack I have a sugar free mint and then I am satisfied.  I have lost 13 pounds in 2 weeks YAY!!!!!.  I weigh in on Thursdays since that was my surgery day.  I will measure once a month and the quickest way to see all those updates is YOUTUBE, sorry :). I will eventually update here too.  The healing is going so well, I have no restrictions any longer, I will go back to work this coming week (1.16.19) and I will be killing this weight loss, just watch :). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday

Hello all :) I was at a training this week with work and when deciding where we should eat somebody mentioned Olive Garden and I immediately dropped by head.  I know Olive Garden as PASTA, PASTA, PASTA so I wasn't looking forward to the temptation.  I don't know why I don't give myself credit for how strong I am.  My entire life, people couldn't pressure me to do ANYTHING I didn't want to.  I am SO STRONG and I make my own decisions; I am a lion, not a sheep :) (I want a shirt so bad that says "Be a lion")  Anyways, when we got there, I looked at the menu and right there on the lunch section were meals that were 300-400 calories and as soon as I saw zucchini I was in.  Its a half piece of chicken with a piece and a half of zucchini with mozzarella cheese and some lemon butter with tomatoes to top it off (I didn't eat those).  I left behind some zucchini and you know, I never once thought about pasta as I was sitting there.  On my way home I thoug...

Social support

There is nothing like being supported by people who have the same goals as you, and in my situation that means HEALTH.  There are so many different paths to get there and I will cheer you on no matter what path you are taking.  I am so thankful for the Facebook groups, Instagram community, and YouTubers that all have gone through weight loss surgery or who are about to.  Being a part of those groups means I get to see how people are doing 10 year after surgery, 1 year after surgery, 1 day after surgery, and how they are preparing for their surgery. I would be LOST without all of them.  Of course the hospital gave me a book that talks about nutrition and stages and simple things like that, but these people give me their experience!  They do reviews on items so I don't waste my time, they do giveaways so you can save money, they show you all kinds of ideas for food and exercise, they show pain and issues they run into that I might run in to.....it is just amazing....

YouTube

You would think that with YouTube being around so long and the amount of time I spend on social media that I would have at least an idea of how to run it, but I don't.  I mean, I know that I have a YouTube, and I know how to search for videos and watch them, but beyond that, I am clueless.  I am watching YouTube vides on how to make YouTube videos 😃  I don't have any videos yet but I have a name on there and a banner and TRUST ME....that took some serious time.  I have figured out where I will probably be filming and I even bought some back drops so I can appear to look like I know what I am doing.  Josh wants to know why I need a back drop and why I wouldn't be walking around......he doesn't get it either.  I mean, I know some people VLOG which is so cool but I am not that advanced yet. I need to be sitting and talking into something and then when I get comfortable, I can maybe move around BUT my videos are more informational videos so I don't know why I ...